Are you a non-Thai national looking for Covid insurance while you live in Thailand? Are you looking for health insurance covering Covid-19 (in an amount of at maximum of 1,000,000 Baht (depending on the plan))
Since the coronavirus vaccination is still in its first phase, the pandemic situation is still hard to control. Therefore, aside from being a requirement, buying an Expat Covid-19 insurance is one option to protect yourself and your family during your stay in Thailand.
Covid-19 insurance vs. Health Insurances
- Hospital Inpatient care (IPD) allows Expat who has a medical problem that is serious enough for a doctor to admit you into the hospital in Thailand for an overnight stay. (Some insurance companies allow you to be released after 6 hours)
- Hospital Outpatient care (OPD) allows Expat to walk into the hospital in Thailand and visit with a doctor for any medical reason.
- Critical illness insurance provides additional coverage for medical emergencies like heart attack, stroke, or cancer. Which will help you with medical expenses, if you have to stop working and lose income, you can use this amount for taking care of yourself.
- Expat Covid-19 insurance covering all treatment costs associated with being infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) with multiple plans and coverage for an Expat in Thailand. i.e.
- Medical expenses for In-patients from Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Medical expenses treatment in a serious illness that has no cure which get diagnosed from the physician that will cause the conditions of coma or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or end-stage lung disease from Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Vaccination and life coverage from Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
According to above health insurances are not covering all treatment costs associated with being infected with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), to buying an Expat Covid-19 insurance is one option to protect yourself and the one you love during your stay in Thailand.